Bachelor of Education Degree to Be Granted to Holders of the Diploma in Education (Technological Studies)
Graduates of the Diploma in Education (Technological Studies) will be granted a Bachelor of Education Degree (BEd) upon submission of proof that they have been granted an approved degree from an accredited university.
Bachelor of Education, Diploma in Education (Technological Studies) and Additional Qualification Courses for Teachers
- The progress of each student is subject to various forms of evaluation on a regular basis throughout the academic year. Eligibility to remain registered in any program is contingent on a student's ability to maintain a satisfactory level of academic, professional, and pedagogic performance in the Practicum and all other courses.
- A student who fails to maintain a satisfactory level of performance shall, at any time, at the discretion of the Dean or his/her designate, in consultation with the student's instructors:
- be required to withdraw, or
- be placed on Conditional Status
- At the discretion of the Dean or his/her designate, in consultation with the student's instructors, a student may, at any time, be denied the opportunity to be placed in a public or separate school for practice teaching or other purposes related to the program at the Faculty of Education.
- Reasons for Withdrawal, Conditional Status, or denial of the opportunity for school placements shall be provided to the student in writing. Moreover, students who are placed on Conditional Status shall be provided in writing with a set of conditions to be met for successful completion of their program.