COURSE LOAD for Undergraduate Students
1. The normal course load for a first-year program is 5.0 courses numbered 001-099. (Note: effective May 2008 these numbers will be changed to 1000 to 1999).
2. Students enrolled in 3.5 courses or more in Fall/Winter session are considered full-time students; students enrolled in fewer than 3.5 courses in any term are considered part-time students.
3. For students in second year and above, the normal course load is 5.0 courses, but 1.0 additional course may be included in any academic year with the consent of the Dean of the faculty in which the student is registered.
4. In each of the Fall and Winter terms, the number of half (0.5) courses, in relation to a normal course load, shall be limited to five (totalling 2.5 courses for the term), except with the permission of the Dean of the fauclty in which the student is registered.
5. The workload for the Spring/Summer Sessions* (i.e. May to August) at this University or any other shall be restricted to a maximum of 3.0 courses, with no more than 2.0 courses to be taken simultaneously. In the case where 2.0 courses are taken simultaneously, only 1.0 of them may be an honors course or a laboratory course.
6. The Dean of the faculty in which the student is registered shall be empowered to authorize enrolment in a pattern outside of the above.
7. Students may not take more than 1.0 course by Distance Studies during the spring/summer session and 2.0 courses during the fall/winter session. Students wishing to take more than the permitted number of Distance Studies courses must receive permission from the dean of their academic faculty before course selection.
Distance Studies courses are restricted to students who will be resident in Canada and the United States during the session. Exceptions from this restriction require special permission from the Office of the Dean of the Faculty in which the student is registered.