Career Services @ Western
The Centre for Career Education and Employment
UCC Room 210
Career Services is here to help with each step of your journey to a successful future.
We understand that by coming to Western you have chosen to invest your time, money and effort into setting yourself up for the best possible future. We know that means more than just getting a “job” at the end of your studies….it means finding opportunities that build your skills, knowledge and competencies for a lifetime full of meaningful and fulfilling work.
We can help.
We do this by offering the following;
- Classes and workshops on finding a career path (e.g. “What can I do with a degree in…?”, career interests)
- Classes and workshops on conducting a strategic job search (e.g. resumes, interview preparation, mock interviews, accessing the hidden job market)
- Employment Help Centre – a drop in service to help you with all of your job search questions
- On-line job postings (summer, part-time and full time) for students and alumni
- Job, Career and Education Fairs
- Experiential learning opportunities such as internship and co-op, service learning, volunteering, leadership development
- Career networking events (e.g. Backpack to Briefcase, speaker panels)
- Resource library (online and print)
- Individual counselling and career testing
We will work with you to help make your dream become reality.
(check us out at www.career.uwo.ca