All Distance Studies courses offered must include a final examination.
In each course offered by Distance Studies, departments will set an alternative examination which will be written independently of the intramural examination. Where the circumstances of students in a Distance Studies course do not appear to warrant a separate examination, the Dean of the Faculty concerned will so notify the Office of the Registrar.
For courses offered by Distance Studies, the Office of the Registrar will:
1. Collect such separate examinations as may be required from the departments concerned.
2. Print and store all examinations.
3. Produce an examination schedule.
4. Provide examination proctors and distribute examination materials to off site centres.
5. Advise the Registrar by the Monday of the seventh teaching week of the first term of Distance Studies examinations which require room assignment by the Registrar for inclusion in the mid-year examination timetable; and by the Monday of the third teaching week of the second term for inclusion of such courses in the Spring examination timetable. All such examination papers must be delivered to the Registrar twenty-one days prior to the examination date.
Final Examinations - Distance Studies SR.99-159