Academic Calendar 2006 (old) » STUDENT SERVICES » HOUSING SERVICES
print preview



The Division of Housing and Ancillary Services provides a comprehensive on-campus and off-campus housing service.

Single Student Residences

(519) 661-3547
Room 102, Elgin Hall

Traditional-Style Residences: Delaware Hall, London Hall, Medway Hall, Perth Hall, Saugeen-Maitland Hall, Sydenham Hall

Suite-Style Residences: Alumni House, Elgin Hall, Essex Hall

Admission Procedures for Residence

First-year students are guaranteed a residence space if they are single, without children, coming directly from high school and receive an offer of full-time, first-year admission to main campus by the end of May (i.e., students from affiliate colleges Brescia, Huron or King's are ineligible to apply). All other first-year students who are single, without children and have been offered full-time admission to main campus are offered in waiting-list order, as space permits.

Returning students can apply to residence through the online residence application available on December 15.

Single Student Apartments

Glenmore Single Student Apartments, Ausable, Beaver, and Lambton Halls are available to upper-year students.

(519) 661-3250
Room 105, Bayfield Hall

The Glenmore Apartments consist of a mix of 1 and 2 bedroom apartment buildings. Eligibility is restricted to single students (without families) 3rd year and above. A limited number of spaces may be reserved for 2nd year students in Lambton Hall. Apartments only become available when existing tenants vacate. Applications can be completed on-line.

Family Housing

(519) 679-4561
Platt's Lane Estates

Platt's Lane Estates offers apartments and for married students and students with families. PLE is a family housing complex consisting of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and 2 & 3 bedroom townhouses. Priority in assigning spaces goes to students with families. Rental units only become available when existing tenants vacate. Application forms can be obtained via the website.

Off-Campus Housing Service

(519) 661-3550
Room 109, Elgin Hall

Western offers the Off-Campus Housing Service for students who are looking for off-campus accommodation. This office functions on a self-serve basis, providing up-to-date listings of a variety of rooms, apartments, and houses. Computers are available to create personalized housing searches based on rental price, location, and housing type.

Self-serve listings may be viewed in our office seven days a week from 8:30 am until 8:30 pm (including statutory holidays). Listings are available on our web site and are updated daily. Staff are available for assistance Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm every day from May to August.

Housing Mediation Service

(519) 661-3787
Room 102, Elgin Hall

The mediation service is a free, confidential resource that assists in the resolution of problems between students and landlords, students and London residents and/or students, and students in the areas of housing and lifestyle. The service offers the concerned parties a forum to present and discuss their problems before a neutral third party. It facilitates the resolution process by providing information and suggesting approaches toward reaching a solution.

Off-campus advisors are available every day during the academic year until midnight to respons to questions or concerns related to off-campus housing.

Academic Calendar 2006 (old) » STUDENT SERVICES » HOUSING SERVICES