Enrollment in this module requires registration in the BMSc Program. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that students wishing to enter or progress in this module will be offered enrollment. See BMSc PROGRAM for detailed information.
Completion of first-year requirements, including a mark of at least 60% in each of the 3.0 (full or half) courses below:
1.0 course: Biology 1001A and 1002B, or the former Biology 1222 or 1223.
1.0 course: Chemistry 1100A/B and 1200B, or the former Chemistry 1020, 1050, or 023.
1.0 course from: Calculus 1000A/B or 1100A/B or 1500A/B, Calculus 1301A/B or 1501A/B, Mathematics 1600A/B or the former Linear Algebra 1600A/B, Mathematics 1225A/B, 1228A/B, 1229A/B, Statistical Sciences 1024A/B, Applied Mathematics 1201A/B or the former Calculus 1201A/B, Applied Mathematics 1413, or the former Mathematics 030.
The following must be completed by the end of second year, with a mark of at least 60% in each half course:
0.5 course from: Physics 1028A/B, 1301A/B or 1501A/B.
0.5 course from: Physics 1029A/B, 1302A/B or 1502A/B.
It is recommended that the two half courses in Physics be taken in the Fall and Winter terms of the same academic year.
Notes for Admission Requirements:
1. Biology 1201A with a mark of at least 70% may be used in place of Biology 1001A, and Biology 1202B with a mark of at least 70% may be used in place of Biology 1002B.
2. Either the former Physics 1020 or 1024 with a minimum mark of 60%, may be used in place of two half courses in Physics listed above.
0.5 course: Biochemistry 2280A.
0.5 course: Chemistry 2213A/B.
0.5 course from: Biology 2244A/B or Statistical Sciences 2244A/B, or the former Statistical Sciences 2122A/B.
1.0 course: Biology 2290F/G, 2581B.
0.5 course from: Biology 2382B
2.0 courses: Physiology 3120, 3130Y, 3140A.
1.5 courses: Pharmacology 3620 (or the former Pharmacology 3550A/B and 3560A/B) and Pharmacology 3580Y.
1.5 courses in Pharmacology at the 4000-level (with the exception of Pharmacology 4980E).
1.5 courses in Physiology at the 4000-level (with the exception of Physiology 4980E).
Notes for the Module:
1. An average of at least 75% in the previous year is required for registration in both Pharmacology 3580Y and Physiology 3130Y.
2. Students may use Pharmacology 2060A/B in place of one half course in Pharmacology at the 4000-level, provied it was completed prior to September 1, 2012.
3. For flexibility in selecting alternative modules, Chemistry 2223B is recommended as an option course.