Enrollment in this module requires registration in the BMSc program and is limited. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that students wishing to enter or progress in this module will be offered enrollment. See BMSc PROGRAM for more detailed information.
Completion of first-year requirements with no failures. Students must achieve a mark of at least 60% in each of the 3.0 (full or half) principal courses below and have an average of at least 70% on these principal courses:
1.0 course: Biology 1001A and 1002B, or the former Biology 1222 or 1223.
1.0 course: Chemistry 1100A/B and 1200B, or the former Chemistry 1020, 1050, or 023.
1.0 course from: Calculus 1000A/B or 1100A/B or 1500A/B, Calculus 1301A/B or 1501A/B, Mathematics 1600A/B or the former Linear Algebra 1600A/B, Mathematics 1225A/B, 1228A/B, 1229A/B, Statistical Sciences 1024A/B, Applied Mathematics 1201A/B or the former Calculus 1201A/B, Applied Mathematics 1413, or the former Mathematics 030.
The following must be completed by the end of second year, with a mark of at least 60% in each half course:
0.5 course from: Physics 1028A/B, 1301A/B or 1501A/B
0.5 course from: Physics 1029A/B, 1302A/B or 1502A/B
It is recommended that the two half courses in Physics be taken in the Fall and Winter terms of the same academic year.
Notes for Admission Requirements:
1. Biology 1201A with a mark of at least 70% may be used in place of Biology 1001A, and Biology 1202B with a mark of at least 70% may be used in place of Biology 1002B.
2. Either the former Physics 1020 or 1024 with a minimum mark of 60%, may be used in place of two half courses in Physics listed above.
0.5 course: Biochemistry 2280A.
0.5 course from: Chemistry 2213A/B or 2273A.
0.5 course from: Chemistry 2223B or 2283G.
1.5 courses: Biology 2290F/G, 2382B, 2581B.
0.5 course from: Biology 2244A/B or Statistical Sciences 2244A/B, or the former Statistical Sciences 2122A/B.
1.5 courses: Microbiology and Immunology 2100A, 3300A, 3400B.
1.0 course: Biochemistry 3381A, 3382B.
0.5 course from: Biochemistry 3380G or Microbiology and Immunology 3600G.
1.0 course from: Microbiology and Immunology 4100A, 4200B, 4300A, 4700B.
1.0 course: Biochemistry 4410A, 4420A or the former 4420B.
1.5 courses from: Biochemistry 4483E (Research Project = 1.5 courses) or Microbiology and Immunology 4970E (Research Project = 1.5 courses).
Notes for Module:
1. Enrollment in Biochemistry 3381A requires a minimum mark of 65% in Biochemistry 2280A; either Chemistry 2213A/B with a minimum mark of 65% or Chemistry 2273A with a minimum mark of 60%; and either Chemistry 2223B with a minimum mark of 65% or Chemistry 2283G with a minimum mark of 60%.
2. A minimum mark of 70% is required in each of Microbiology and Immunology 2100A, 3300A and 3400B.
3. Enrollment in Biochemistry 4483E is limited and requires a minimum mark of 70% in each of Biochemistry 3381A, 3382B, and either Biochemistry 3380G or Microbiology and Immunology 3600G.
4. Enrollment in Microbiology and Immunology 4970E is limited and requires a minimum mark of 70% in either Microbiology and Immunology 3600G or Biochemistry 3380G.